Recruitment for the Events Manager position is currently paused while we review qualified applicants. Thank you for your interest and revisit this page for further updates.
Do you want a job where people say, “You are living the dream!”…?
Do you want to work on incredibly cool adventure experiences in the Rocky Mountain region…?
Do you want to be encouraged to better yourself every day…?
Do you want to work with other passionate and high performing and talented people who will hold you accountable…?
Do you want to be able to determine your hours of work (within reason) and you are evaluated based on your RESULTS, and not the time it takes to do it…?
Do you want a job where you get to help transform people’s lives through adventure…?
Do you want to add community impact to everything you do where you are making a difference in the lives of your community…?
Then you may have found the job for you!
The work that we do is incredibly unique, rewarding and many times you won’t believe that you are actually working. The other benefit is that our work gives back to our communities in a positive way.
The Events Manager is responsible for managing and executing action items to implement CBST Adventure’s Experiential Leadership, Teambuilding and Community Impact programs. Focused on organization and process, this position will work as an integral member of the implementation team and will share in the responsibility to reach department goals and objectives. The Events Manager must demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in systematizing operations, setting up and utilizing a project management system, and being detailed and action oriented in executing our events. The perfect fit for this job would be someone who understands the power of systems when it comes to scaling our business.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
You will utilize and improve a system for event execution. You will coordinate with sales for implementation hand off. You will be responsible for maintaining each project in the system (approximately 100/year.) You will be responsible for making sure that all checklists, materials, equipment, people and vehicles make it to the appropriate location on time for each event.
You will lead some of the events and will perform guide briefings, work with facilitators, manage all logistics for that event and be the “Go To” person for all on-site guides. You will continue to assist in developing, maintaining, and implementing CBST event procedures and protocols.
You will help recruit new guides and conduct new guide training before first event. You will perform reviews and debrief with guides following events.
You will administer post event participant and guide/staff surveys after every event. You will coordinate with Marketing for custom survey requests. You will monitor survey results to identify best practices and areas for improvement. Share the results in staff meetings.
- Must have at least 2+ years’ experience utilizing a Project Management System (We utilize Trello). Project and Event Management history required.
- Our busy season currently is May – October (70% of our events). Expectations of overtime work during that time will be required. Long days and hard work on both weekdays and weekends are expected. However, many times your work will be going rafting/camping/rock climbing/mountain biking, so many times work won’t really feel like work. Added bonus, during the slower season you’ll be able to work on your skiing and biking.
- Strong organizational and written/verbal skills; must be able to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Operate in a team-oriented environment; work across both the sales and implementation teams to accomplish goals.
- Must be hands on and willing to lead event teams.
- Ability to operate both from a strategic viewpoint and project manage a tactical execution
- Self driven individual who can analyze, plan and execute programs with minimal supervision. Ability to act and respond when unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Event management experience a strong plus with the ability to positively impact client experiences by professionally executing programs
- Basic computer skills in working with Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Tools, MS Tools, Survey Monkey, other programs as needed.
- Positive, Friendly, and Good-Natured (No Jerks Allowed Policy).
- Residence in Metro Denver area is a must.
- Clean driving record strongly preferred.
Most of our employees work on average 30 hours per week over the year, with spikes in the busy season. Our flexible schedule allows you to get the work done when it makes the most sense to you (within reason on actual events or times when you’ll need to work with the team.). We are also an active team so biking, skiing, hiking, rafting, rock climbing is an extra benefit of the job.
Compensation will be a combination of hourly, bonus and profit sharing, and will be determined based on your experience level and other intangibles that you bring.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Project Management: 3 years
- Event Management: 4 years