LEADERSHIP could be a rather tricky beast and for executives and managers, it's is an extremely important skill but developing it in the workplace can be difficult, when day-to-day tasks, meetings, and other rote activities get in the way.
The word experiential is understood as learning and development achieved through personally determined experience and involvement, rather than on received teaching or training, typically in group, by observation, listening, study of theory or hypothesis, or some other transfer of skills or knowledge.
GET OUT, GET GOING
Leaders are considered to be experts with a specific knowledge set and skills that influence the goal direction of followers. All it takes is moving away from the everyday grime and get ready the team ready for an action packed adventure full of fun and learning at the same time.
Taking your team away from the boring walls and cliché indoor training sessions of the office space to a place for an adventure filled team building session amidst nature, could turn out to be an experience of a lifetime for each every individual.
1. DEVELOPS PEOPLE AS INDIVIDUALS - These programs help develop people as individuals, rather than simply transferring arbitrary capabilities, there is a rise in people's confidence, self-esteem, personal strengths, and crucially a rounded sense of purpose and fulfillment which fundamentally improve attitude, life-balance and emotional well-being.
2. IMPROVES COMMUNICATION - with so many team based activities in the program, it demands all participants to enjoy each moment but as an active team member. It not only allows them to open up with everyone more easily to be able to execute the task in hand, but also gives them an experiential lesson on functioning and conquering as a team but in the most fun filled way.
3. LEARN DIRECTLY FROM MOTHER NATURE - The popularity of these active adventure outdoor programs stems from their experiential nature. These programs have the advantage of placing participants in a learning setup in the lap of nature’s bounty, whereby the learner is required to engage in direct experience in order to increase skills or enhance a particular skill.
4. ENHANCES LEVELS OF PERCEPTION - Most of the time leaders are so glued to your desk, and so glued to everything that's going on, that they may lack proper perspective, in a workplace environment. It is the fresh air, different environment and out of the boardroom that gives people an opportunity to really look at themselves from the outside in, about how they are perceived as a leader.
5. CSR AND COMMUNITY IMPACT - It is the small changes in the initiatives that we take, further refining them not only to benefit people on an individual level but in a way that impacts the community on a whole. It is with these outdoor experiential programs that the office going crowd from corporate sectors can look at nature from close quarters. These programs give an opportunity to the workaholics to slow down and look at what is around them and triggers in them the need to take control of the damage in the environment. It makes them more responsible and aware. While on one hand they are able to appreciate nature’s beauty, on the other hand they receive an insight of need of the hour to take care of the planet and everything that it has to offer so unconditionally.
Are you looking for that unique Community Impact and Leadership Development event this year that will allow your company to give back to the local community and help energize your company culture?
How many incredibly impactful corporate events have you been part of this year? In your lifetime? When we speak with our customers, they continue to look back at their past events with us as a tipping point in their communication and collaboration across their companies and within their divisions. Could this be that event for your company?
This isn't a generic teambuilding event that provides a blip in your communication. No, this will be impactful and memorable and you'll be talking about, and sharing this event across every channel that you can.
In this one of a kind Community Impact Team Building event, your team will join forces with rock wall designers, trained rock climbing youth, and team building facilitators to build a CUSTOM ROCK CLIMBING WALL inside the CityWILD facility based in the Five Points neighborhood in Denver.
If your team strives for better connection and a great return on investment, this is the project for you! This is your opportunity to enhance team dynamics & energize your company culture, while giving back to the community in the form of Youth Leadership Development. Call us at 303-495-2620 or send an email to Info@CBSTAdventures.com to learn more...
- Volunteerism promotes personal growth & self-esteem
- Understanding community needs helps foster empathy and self-efficiency
- Experience a change of scenery
- It provides leadership opportunities to give back to community and gain a sense of belonging
- Volunteering offers the opportunity to share your expertise and gain a new skill set
- It brings people together from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal
- Volunteering enhances your quality of life
- Volunteerism offers an incredibly rewarding experience
- It is an opportunity to explore new personal interests and goals
- An opportunity to have fun and try something new
Beaver Creek Ski Resort in Colorado has been an active place for corporate groups this year, we've had some great team building adventures starting back in Winter 2012 and going strong ever since. Check out these links from recent programs...
We've been getting calls lately from companies on the west side of Denver looking for team building and group adventures. As most locals know, Lakewood & Golden are great towns as they border the Front Range / Rocky Mountains, and have great access to Jefferson County Open Space Parks and other local outdoor scenes. One of our favorite places for Denver Team Building is Bear Creek Lake Park in Lakewood. It's roughly a 20 minute drive from both the Denver Tech Center and Downtown Denver, and you feel like you're in a remote canyon in Colorado. And because the weather in Denver is great throughout the year, we are able to run programs in our All Seasons Adventures and Summer Adventure Series all year long. Give us a call at 970-668-8900 if you want to bring a group to the park for a corporate team building program. Here are photos from our most recent adventure...
Colorado Springs has always been an exciting place for corporate meetings and team building exercises due to a small city vibe combined with amazing expansive resorts like the Broadmoor and Cheyenne Mountain Resort. And it sure doesn't hurt that there are beautiful backdrops like Pikes Peak and Garden of the Gods close to the city. We've been helping companies with leadership development and group adventures in the Springs for many years, with most requests coming from our All Seasons and Summer Adventure programs. Our team building programs are fully customized to each client, Contact Us to build your adventure today!
It's the middle of April in Colorado, and by now we've usually moved on to our All Seasons Team Building Adventures. But a wave of late season snow storms is allowing visiting meeting groups a chance to play in the snow one last time for a few of our Winter Adventure Team Building programs. As a provider of high end team building group adventures in Colorado for over 15 years, we are always prepared for changes in weather. So if you're planning an event in "shoulder season", we are happy to switch up specifics of your corporate adventure last minute to adapt to real time conditions!
Denver is becoming a more popular meeting destination every year due to a thriving downtown, incredible weather and opportunity for adventure. Since downtown is only 15 minutes from the start of the Rocky Mountains, team building options exist all over the region. Visiting groups can either choose a downtown urban adventure like our Denver GPS Hunt, a mountain experience like our Winter Olympics program, or anywhere in between. We have over 50 programs to choose from, and operate all over the great state of Colorado!
Looks like the Olympic bug is far from over. We're already getting calls from meeting groups that are visiting Colorado this winter, and our Winter Olympics corporate adventure seems to be the most requested team building program so far...
More and more groups are coming to Denver, Colorado for their corporate meetings because downtown is alive with historic buildings, brewpubs, and the 16th Street Mall, which is a "walking only" pedestrian mall that spans most of the downtown corridor. This is why our Denver GPS Hunt has been so popular, it allows visiting groups to explore the great parts of downtown in a competitive, dynamic way...
Between Breck Bike Week, corporate adventure & team building groups, USA Pro Cycling Challenge, UllrFest and many more events, CBST Adventures is always at work in Breckenridge. We got our start over 15 years ago entertaining groups in Breckenridge, Keystone, Copper and all over Summit County...
We've been getting a bunch of calls lately for Corporate Adventures in Boulder, Colorado. We've helped design team building adventures for groups staying at the Omni Interlocken and the Westin Westminster for years, and the recent influx of business from groups at the St. Julien and other hotels in downtown Boulder has us very excited. Seems like Boulder is getting after it in the meetings & events world and drawing some fun groups to the area...